- This event has passed.
Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit Course
August 28, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$115.00
ARIZONA 8 HOUR CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT COURSE INFORMATION
- Safe gun handling and laws (Arizona Revised Statutes)
- Firearms, Ammunition, and holster selection
- Legal issues relating to the use of deadly force
- Concealed Carry laws
- Importance of Marksmanship
- Weapon care and maintenance
- Storage of firearms
- Written test and shooting qualifications
Equipment Required: Please feel free to call or visit us if you need assistance or have questions about equipment needs.
- At two magazines
- Quality holster and magazine carrier
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Ammunition – 150 rounds
- Personal First Aid Kit (optional)
- Classes will be held rain or shine so be prepared with proper personal equipment
The following are current requirements for eligibility:
- You must be a resident of Arizona, and/or a United States citizen
- You must be at least 21 years old, or 19 years old with service in the US military and in possession of an honorable discharge
- You cannot be under indictment on any felony charge
- You cannot be convicted of a felony offense, and you cannot be prohibited for any reason from becoming a handgun owner
- You must not be suffering from any kind of mental illness, and you must not have been diagnosed as mentally incompetent by any recognized authority in the medical field
- Your presence in the United States cannot be considered illegal – you must have current legal status in the country
- You must complete an Arizona handgun training program, pursuant to the appropriate state legislation governing such handgun training
- This course is divided into 2 parts. First, students will receive classroom instruction regarding the following elements, all of which are required by State law:
-Knowledge, safe handling and storage of firearms and ammunition, including child safety
-Safe firearms shooting fundamentals
-Ways to develop and maintain shooting skills
-Federal and State laws pertaining to the lawful purchase, ownership, transportation, use and possession of firearms
-State laws pertaining to the use of deadly force for self-defense
-Techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to manage a violent confrontation, including conflict resolutionAdditionally, you will receive expert instruction regarding:
-Tips for filing your application
-Basic handgun nomenclature and function, for semi-automatic and revolvers
-Concealment methods & options, including hands on demonstrations of various holsters, cover garments, equipment etc.
-Techniques for improving weapon handling and efficiency (dummy gun and “dry-fire” exercises)
-Resources for staying current on concealed carry and reciprocity laws
-You will learn how develop a survival mindset, and to always “train for a fight”
We will then head over to the Compass Training Center AZ Shooting Facility where you will learn to implement the fundamentals and drills learned during the classroom portion.
Our live fire range training is much more than simple target practice and basic shooting. You will learn more than just how to safely and effectively draw, handle, and fire your firearm. You will be taught drills and scenarios based upon Real World situations. We train to WIN an armed encounter!
Add on “Next Day” Training Component:
If you would like to immediately start to further your actual live fire CCW Training. We are offering an optional additional half day of training available the very next afternoon on Sunday from 1:00pm to 5:00pm for an additional $50.00
This half day class is only available to those who have taken the basic CCW class the day before. This semi-private training is usually offered at up to $75.00 per hour.